Hi there! Welcome to Brit ‘n’ Chips English. It’s so good to have you here. Let me tell you all about the site. My name is Alex and I want you to get the most of the site as possible. So read on and take a look around.
My name’s Alex and I’m a British expat in France. I’m a TEFL-qualified English teacher, passionate language learner, and huge advocate of self-study. I strongly believe you can achieve anything you want with the help of the right resources and the right teacher.
Discovering my passion for languages has been very rewarding and helping people increase their confidence in the language is what I love to do.
The Internet allows us to break down barriers and peer into different cultures. So, I started Brit ‘n’ Chips English to help English learners and those who might be expats in the UK (or elsewhere) become more confident in their English abilities and knowledgeable about how natives speak. Whatever your reason for learning about our culture and language I thank you for being here and look forward to interacting with you soon!
I also speak French and am learning Spanish. So we’re all in it together!
What do we offer?
You’ve come to the right place if you are:
- Looking for English language tips and resources
- Learning about British culture and life in the UK
- Interested in articles and videos exploring the differences between British English and other dialects
Or if you:
- Want to improve your English speaking or writing ability
- Would like to learn real, everyday English and not that which you learn in textbooks!
- Are looking for a passionate and patient online English teacher.
- Êtes francophone et vous cherchez de l’aide avec votre apprentissage de l’anglais en français. Toutefois, ça vaut mieux de parler l’anglais dès que possible. Nous pouvons vous aider ! :). Nous avons de la matière qui cible l’apprentissage de l’anglais de la perspective française !
So why the name?
Something that is often synonymous (associated) with the UK is Fish and Chips, which when spoken is often pronounced like “Fish ‘n’ Chips”. The “and” is pronounced in a shorter way to save time.
One nickname given to British people by Americans is “Brits”. Therefore I am a “Brit”.
Hence, Brit ‘n’ Chips English was born. Just like Fish ‘n’ Chips is no good without a good helping of salt and vinegar, at Brit ‘n’ Chips we strive to give you tasty new English learning content with a few bells and whistles.